Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Busy Bee

I have been so busy with life and work that I have failed to keep up with my blogging. I fell so behind that I almost lost some blog candy I won, but thankfully they were very understanding and agreed to honor my award and allow me to claim my prize. This is the first item I have won since I began blogging, and I can't wait to see what I will get in the mail. While I have been away from blogging I practiced with my Nikon camera and took some photos of my friends ten year old niece. For some reason I really love taking head shots and close up  pictures. I think it  might have to do with how clear and awesome the picture turns out.
This next picture was my absolute favorite. We were determined to find a sunflower and drove around until we did. When I have an idea for a picture I try to make it happen. This turned out so awesome and she looked so pretty.
My other reason for finding the sunflower is because I like being able to take an awesome picture, turn it to black and white, and then focus on one item and bring just that item into color. For this picture I used the creative memory manager program. It is an awesome program for storing, editing, and photo shopping your pictures...and the best part is, it only costs $39.95. If you love this photo as much as I do, and would like to have the same ability, you can view this on my personal website at:http://www.mycmsite.com/sabrinacherry81
My mom needed me to make a birthday card for one of her friends, so when I am making cards I try to make a couple extra to have on hand in case I need them for another occasion. I never thought I would like using flowers, but they really bring a lot of character to a card, and I am really starting to love using all of my flowers. So much that Michael's just had a 50% off coupon and I went 3 times to get three different colors for $5.00 each! Here are a couple of the cards I made.


I hope you liked my new additions and projects that I am experiencing with. Every time I work on a new card  I am always trying to do something different and make it better. I always love ideas for improvement, so let me know what you think.

No comments: