Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friends in Need

Hi everyone! Once a month some girlfriends and I get together for a girls night and play bunco. About half of the group has grown up together, and we've known each other since elementary school. Last night we found out that one of my friends fathers has been diagnosed with cancer. She lost her mother 19 years ago to this same disease, and now her father is beginning his own fight, and their family is facing this terrible nightmare all over again. They can use all the prayers they can get right now... STRENGTH for the ability to stay strong emotionally and physically to fight this thing as a family and with the support of friends, HOPE that their father will be healed by the hands of God, and COMFORT knowing they have many friends, family, and strangers praying for them asking God to help them through this difficult time.

Today I thought I would make a card for both girls in my group (they are sisters), and have each girl in our bunco group sign the card showing our love and support. This is the first idea I came up with.

This card was made by using the Wild Card Cricut cartridge and some Prima flowers from Michael's. When using flowers I also like to add a flower brad to the center for an additional embellishment. Just when I thought I was done making these encouraging cards I came up with a better idea! I thought of a way to make some dice, since Bunco is a dice game.
These are some of the dice I made. I created these by using the Creative Memories square punch and by using the Making Memories brad and eyelet setter for the holes. I then decided to remove the flowers I had originally used and replace them with the new dice I just made. To add a 3D effect I added some pop dots to the back of the die to make them stand out a little more. Here is what the final project looked like.....I am so excited that I thought of this cute and creative idea!!!

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for all the prayers and support....I know my friends are appreciative as well!

No comments: