Friday, June 10, 2011

Crafty with my Cricut

I finally have had some time to sit down and use my new Cricut Imagine and cartridges, and I must say I LOVE IT!!! I needed to make two cards.The first one was a get well card and the second was a birthday card.
I used the Cricut Wild Card Cartridge for this card. Everything on this card except for the monkeys were used from this cartridge. The tree branch has a bird sitting on it, but because I wanted it to say "Hang in There" I decided to cut the bird off and add the monkeys. The monkeys were made with a clear stamp that I had and embossed with a bronze/brown glitter.

The second card I made  was a birthday card for my friend who is an absolute Mickey Mouse lover.
I am fairly new to card making along with embossing, and sewing on my projects. The mickey mouse paper I was able to find at one of the local craft stores. Mickey Mouse was cut out and pieced together from my Imagine and using the Disney Mickey and Friends cartridge. I used different colors of paper and then pieced together to save the ink in my printer. I put pop dots underneath Mickey to give him the 3D effect. Happy Birthday was made with a stamp I had and then embossed with black powder. Finally I tried sewing with my new Pixie machine I got from a friend. This is the first thing I have tried to sew with it so it was a little crooked. I had a problem with the foot not powering the machine, so I am still trying to figure out if it is inexperienced operator error, or the machine just decided to quit working on me LOL.

My favorite part of this card was the inside. I don't know why maybe its the colors or how well i think it matched, but I think the inside is what turned out the best!
I did the same thing with this Mickey as the other one. I pieced it together after it was cut out by my imagine, and then I raised it on a few pop dots. Since the Mickey was raised it also worked well as a gift card holder, for the gift I placed within the card.

Even though I saw flaws, and picked at things that could have been better or done differently my friend absolutely loved her card, and she was totally surprised when I showed up to work with her gift!

5 comments:

JulieK said...

Great job on your cards. Both of them are super cute. Love the Mickey paper!

Rez P. said...

Aloha Sabrina,
I think you did an awesome job! The Mickey looks sooo adorable that my lil DD even notice it :).LOL, She got so excited and said, "OH Micky MOUSEEEE,that's a pretty card MOMMY! Did she used the CRICUT?. And she's only 28 months. I am now your new follower too.
HUGS,
REZ
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html

Rez P. said...

Hi again,
Thank you for posting my giveaway on your sidebar. Good lucky with my SWEET CANDY! The monkey card was also cute & u did a great job on sewing the MICKEY MOUSE CARD. Hope to see more of your beautiful creations soon.
Hugs,
ReZ
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

These both are so adorable, Sabrina! I love the window in the get well card and the Mickey card is so awesome! I love the stitching and the Mickey paper! You did such a great job on both...love them :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Rez P. said...

Hi,
I have an award for you please visit me.Thanks!
Hugs,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-award.html