Thursday, May 26, 2011

Confessions of a Scrapbook Shopaholic

Today my friend Nati and I started our morning off with a movie (Something Borrowed). When we got to the theater the movie was no longer being played, as they just updated the movies times this morning. Thank goodness for iphones because I found the movie at the Manteca theater (about 20 min away) and it was going to be starting in 30 min. We hurried to the theater and there was no way I was going to let Nati out of our date. She just started driving again after all of her recent medical set backs, and she needed to get out of the house and have some fun friend time ;-)

After the movie we headed over to Joann's since this store is bigger than the one we have. I must say it never fails that every time I am with her and we go to a scrapbook store I always end up leaving with some new tool that I do not have, or wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for her. I'm totally not complaining because I love all of my things, but that is just our little inside joke that every time I am with her I spend money LOL ( i know i am the one in control of my spending).Today I left the store with an embossing gun and some powders that I have been wanting to get for some time now because they were all 40% off. I may spend a lot of money on scrapbooking supplies, but all of my friends know that I am so frugal when it comes to shopping. I am all for getting hand-me-downs, discounts, and anything that is free. I will return something and then re-buy it if it saves me money in the long run. I used to be a cashier, so I know I must be one of their annoying customers at times.

My mom had asked me to make a birthday card for a family friend who is celebrating her 90th birthday on Monday, so using my new tools, supplies, and a couple of Nati's ideas I made my first birthday card. It took me a couple tries to figure out the embossing thing, but eventually I got the powder to stick LOL silly me. I think it turned out really cute for my first card, but I am also so darn picky I always manage to  find things that I could have or should have done better/differently.
Our family friend loves humming birds, so I thought this card would be perfect for her. I never thought I would use my flowers as much as my friend, but now I can see why she absolutely loves them. They add so much more to whatever project you are working on.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you use the Joann's app?? There's always a 40% off coupon on there and you just hand the cashier your phone and BAM!

Sabrina said...

I do I just found out about it a couple weeks ago! I even have an app called Coupon Sherpa and it has multiple stores including Michael's they just scanned my phone.

Unknown said...

I've never heard of that app, sounds cool though. Def. will find that one! Thanks!

Nati Tristan said...

I DON'T MAKE YOU SPEND! ;o) Loved the card! And happy that you liked your new supplies!

Lisa said...

Welcome to the blogging world! A little warning - I started in mid-March and am now totally and completely addicted!! I can't believe this is your first card - it is so adorable! And I love your Italy album! And your craft room is so awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I am now following you as well :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for entering my candy, and for posting my blinkie. This card is super cute! Love th paper and the humming bird is adorable.

Have a great evening.

Hugs, Mindy

JulieK said...

Hi Sabrina! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now too! You did a great job on your card and your layouts are awesome. I love your craft room too- so organized (I would be embarrassed to post a picture of mine- maybe I'll do it when it's clean- LOL!).

Rez P. said...

Aloha,
Love the colors of your card. It's beautiful BTW. Your layouts are also awesome too. I am having a ALOHA Sweet blog candy it would b nice if you enter.THANKS!
HUGS,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/