Sunday, April 29, 2012

Twilight


     April 27, 2012 This morning my mom and I went down the hill to the pharmacy to get some medicine for my aunt. On the way there we stopped in a couple of stores. One of them was a magazine/bookstore. I have been wanting to find some books in Italian that are for younger kids, so that I can practice reading better in Italian. I also wanted to find an adult reading level book that I already know the story too or have already read, such as Nicholas Sparks. While we were in this store I found the first twilight book in Italian!!! It couldn't be more perfect for practice.
     Veruska picked me up in the afternoon and we took her son Karol to the park that is nearby. It is a giant and beautiful park for spending the day. I wish we had a place like this at home to go to for the day just to sit and relax and enjoy the weather and being outside. We rode on the train that circles around the park and while on the train my cousin Karol was wanting to learn more English. He kept asking me what certain things were and I would give him the word in English, then he would turn and tell me what it was called in Italian. At least he is teaching me actual words because his mom is known throughout our family as the one who keeps teaching me all of the Italian bad words. Everytime we run into one of her friends she introduces me and then says " tell them what your favorite word is that you learned." I tell them a word that she taught me and they laugh and then she says "and" and makes me go down the list of words she has taught me. My family thinks its funny, but sometimes I still don't understand the complete meaning of the word I just know its bad. After the train ride we took Karol down to the big play ground for the kids. Of course when we get to the play ground we run into some friends that they know and of course Veruska makes me run through my list of vocabulary. I guess its a similar test to the one I have my momdo saying the word "beach" becasue I think its cute and hilarious at the same time. Looks like its my turn to put on the show now. At one point this slide was filled with kids climbing up and going down. I started laughing out loud and my cousin and her friends looked at me and asked what was  so funny. I told her that the kids sliding down the slide are weaving in an out of the kids climbing up the slide and it looks the same as everyones driving here. I couldn't believe the parent's were letting this little two year old climb up the slide by himself with all of the big kids around, but after two or three times of him climbing up I noticed he was actually getting up the slide a lot easier than the big kids.  

No comments: