Monday, April 23, 2012

Un Compleanno é Un Giro

     April 21,2012 My ZiaRita has never celebrated her birthday. Today my cousinVeruska had a few family members get together for lunch as a surprise for her birthday since she just turned 60 years old. I finally got to meet another cousin of mine who is two years old, but she was very shy. Hopefully by the time we leave she will come around. I loved spending time with my family because most of my favorite cousins were there. I say my favorites, but that is because those are the ones that I am close too. They are the ones that joke around with me, correct my grammar, and also take me out and show me Italy. Italians eat so much food its crazy. In America we only eat the main course. Sometimes we have appetizers, but not every meal and usually only when we go to eat at a restaraunt. Here they have appetizers with lunch and dinner...so much food! My family always makes comments and thinks that I am sick because according to them I don't eat, but in reality I am just saving room for the main course. They have Bar's here that serve alcohol, pastries, and coffee all in one. A lot of times they stop at the bar order a coffee, but it isn't large like our starbucks it is pretty much a shot of espresso. I usually get a cappucino because there is more plus it has milk. I never used to like espresso or the taste of coffee, butI am really starting to like it now.











     After the party my mom, my two cousins, and my aunt went down town my mom's city where they were doing a make-up demostration/advertisement for Loreal. My little cousin loves make-up but doesn't get to wear it yet because she is only 10, but I told them I wanted to go there just so that she could have her make-up done. So we all got our nails painted and our make-up done. There was a girl there who I really liked how her make-up was  done. It was dark and different than how I usually do mine since I like to keep it natural, but I decided to try something different. It actually didn't turn out to bad, but I probably wont' be doing it like that again anytime soon.


Oh Yeah! I know I have probably said it before, but I am going to say it again. If you thought driving in San Fransisco was bad you should see how they drive here. Heck look at the way they park! They will park there cars any where they can find a spot and in an direction it will fit. If there is a will there is a way!!

No comments: