Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ankle Biter

     May 30, 2012 This morning Zia Pupa, mom, and I went down to the mercatino that is outside of Zia Pupa's house. My mom needed to look for a specific gift for my dad that she has been having trouble finding since she decided that is actually what she wanted to get. I also finally found a couple little things I was looking forto make some gifts for a couple of friends. My cousin Franco had called while we were at the mercatino, and asked if we wanted to go to his house Saturday for dinner. After my mom and I talking we asked if we could do it tonight or sometime during the week because we only have a couple of weekends left and we are trying to plan some out of town trips. It ended up working out that we were able to go to his house for dinner tonight, and I was excited because all five kids were going to be there. My two cousins and then my three step cousins. I keep waiting for one of them to come visit me, so we will see which one of them will be on their way first.
     
     There was another guy there eating dinner with us which was the kids cousin. Right before we were about to eat his phone rang and his older brother was calling him. All of my cousins told me to answer the phone and speak in English to play a jokeon this guy because they always screw around with him when he calls. I started talking to him in English and then a little in Italian. When I didn't know what to say my cousins would tell me what to tell him in Italian. When he was talking he spoke so fast I could not understand what he was saying and I would tell him I don't understand his language.  Well him knowing that we were playing around with him responded back with a dirty remark that I understood. I couldn't understand anything else he said except for that sexual inuendo, so I put the phone down and I was laughing so hard I started crying. He totally caught me off guard and I did not know how to respond. Then they handed the phone to my mom to talk to him. She said she couldn't understand him either, but she knew he was talking dirty. My cousins kept asking me what he said, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It was definitely a fun night, and tonight made me realize that I actually understand a little more Italian than I thought.
     I made a little new friend while I was at their house tonight. This little minature pincher is named Lilly. She eventually quit barking and let me hold her, then she also started playing with me. When I went to get off the couch to get my camera from my mom the dog jumped off my lap, and then she ran by my ankle and bit me. What the heck?!? It didn't hurt or leave a mark, but geez I thought we were friends haha I guess I need  to watch out for this ankle biter a little more. I would have brought her home with me if I could, but we know there was no way I would get her past my mom.

No comments: