Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Please Mr. Postman

     May 21, 2012 When I woke up this morning I found out that a cousin of mine was on her way over. She called my aunt and told her they were half way to her house. Not much a warning considering we had a lot to do today, but it was nice of them to come over to see us and visit with us for a little while. Six years ago when I saw my cousin Valentina she was recently married. Today when I saw her I got to meet another cousin of mine that is only 23 days old. She was so cute! Before they left we took pictures and I asked her if I could hold the baby. Of course she said yes and then told me that she has a picture of her holding me when I was a baby. Now it is my turn to hold her baby Benedetta. After they left we were out of the house because we had a lot of important errands to run.
     First priority today was to mail out my nursing application for my RN upgrade. We attempted on Friday, but like I have said before here very few people have concept of customer service. We tried to ask at the post office on Friday about mailing my paper work to the states and the man wouldn't help us at all. All we wanted to know was how much and about how long it would take to get there. He told us about a month. My mom had asked him about air mail and he was a smart @$$ and said he would have to call the airport. There was one lady there that quietly gave us some advice and was helpful, but her co-worker sucked. Anyways that is why we are where we are today...trying another post office. The lady today was a little nicer, but she also couldn't tell us anything. I don't understand, but it seems like most things here they make a lot more difficult than they need to be.
     I told my Zia Giovanna that Antonio's friend Massimo that brought me home from Naples works at a post office. It is a different post office and he said they only ship the large packages and handle UPS. He was my last resort, or I was going to be screwed with applying this semester. Luckily he was able to help us and give us some information. I totally forgot that he delt with UPS, and if I would have remembered that we wouldn't have delt with the Italian postal service we would have just gone straight to his work. Thankfully he told us who we needed to speak to and the lady helped us mail the documents via UPS and will be arriving in my father's hands in 3 days!! Thanks to my new friend Massimo Marino who was my lifesaver my application will be arriving just in time for the deadline! After all of our running around we stopped and ate at Massi's resteraunt for lunch. He surprised us with one of his ex-girlfriends showing up and visiting from Rome. I like her a lot and I told here she can come visit us in America with or without my cousin. While we were eating I was trying some new type of meat my cousin made. Typical Massi always playing around wanted to feed me. They thought I wasn't eating because I was affraid it was horse meat, but I really was full. Everyone napped while I continued to journal because I am falling behind again.
     Once everyone woke up we were out again. I had to re-charge the cell phone my cousin gave me, so that I would be able to call my family and friends in the US. My mom then was looking for a gift for dad, but tonight we were unsuccessful. I don't like how all the stores close down in the middle of the day and then re-open. Then they close early too at 8pm, so it's hard to get anything done sometimes around here. But I did accomplish a little family reunion task that needed to be completed. I ordered the souvenirs for our reunion, now I just have to wait for them to send me the sample of the art and approve or decline. That will be one thing to decrease my stress level of things to do when I get home. I can't wait to see the final result!

No comments: