Monday, May 7, 2012

Italian Kareokee

    May 5, 2012 This morning was another mercatino day...can't believe I walked through the entire market and did not buy a single thing today. after we were done we went to the cemetary that was near by to see my uncle that passed away last June. The cemetaries are very different here. It is not like ours where you just get burried and have a plaque above your grave. Here people have statues made out of marble and they keep up regularly on taking care of the flowers and their loved ones gravesides. A girl even had a big statue made to look just like one of her dance pictures.
     After we ate lunch mom and took some lunch to Zio Nino and visited with him for a little bit, then we had to leave and found a store near his house where we bought a gift for a confirmation. Veruska came and picked us up because we were running late for dinner at her friends house. We dropped my mom off at home and then her and I went to her house to get ready for dinner.

     Once Veruska was finally ready we were off to the dinner party. Not only were we going to be eating, but there was also going to be kareokee. Everyone kept wanting me to sing especially when they found out that I knew an entire song called Sapore di Sale. (I have actually known that song since I was 7 years old when I was here in Italy, and it has been my favorite song since then even though it is a very old classic song) They are definitely persistent in trying to get me to sing,  so I gave in but I just held the microphone away from me and in their face instead. My cousins neighbor/friend Antonio kept wanting me to sing with him. I never sing kareokee at home. I'd rather just watch everyone else do it, and here not only am I doing something I don't like doing, but I am singing in a different language. If I am being honest I do have to admit that it actually was a lot of fun  tonight.



No comments: