Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tears of Joy For My Little Miracle

     May 13, 2012 This morning we left the house around 8am to head to Naples. It is about a 4 hour drive North from where my family lives. When we got there we went straight to the hospital to see GaGa. Zia Giovanna told him I might not be able to go because we wanted to play a little joke with him. When we got there Claudia and her family went in first and then I called her phone. We were going to surprise him by me walking in while he was on the phone with me, but he ended up not wanting to talk to me so I just had to walk in. I knew that when I got there I would probably start crying and sure enough I did, and I ended up making his mom Simona cry too. She is so sweet I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. She told me thank you, meaning for everything and being there for them in general.Going from how critical he was at one point and almost losing his life on the operating table to now possibly leaving the hospital tomorrow is a complete miracle and a work of God. We had to leave the hospital and go home for lunch because visiting hours are from 3pm-4pm. Once everyone had lunch we headed back to the hospital to see GaGa again. Tomorrow the doctors are suppose to be doing rounds and do one last exam on him. If everything looks good they will be sending him home tomorrow...on his birthday.
     After we left the hospital around 4pm we all went out into the city of Naples by bus to look for some Nike shoes for Alfredo. I can't believe how much things cost over here. It's crazy! Once we got back to the house my since my back has been killing me, and I am not able to go to the chiropractor I had my 4 year old cousin Giacomo walk on my back... I was affraid he was going to start jumping on me, but he actually did it really good. When he was done he sat on me, then started massaging my back with his hands...it was so cute. By the time we got home that evening, it had been a long day and I was really exhausted. I just wanted to eat and then go lay down and read. I have been reading twilight in Italian, and so far so good. While I was reading my book Antonio called me into the other room. He was playing Texa Hold Em' on the computer and wanted me to play with him. We were doing good until he decided to bluff and go all in...game over.
     It is very hard to explain how the last couple weeks have had me on a roller coaster of emotions. The day my cousin had surgery is a day I will not forget. The surgery did not go well and he was on the table for over 12 hours. That night my cousin was trying to explain to me (in Italian) what was going on with him. I told her I did not understand and she explained it again using different words. There was one word I did not understand still, but the last two words and gesture I understood perfectly....so I thought. She did the sign of the cross and said the word died. I called my mom crying telling her what my cousin had just told me. I couldn't believe it. Later that night after talking to my mom again I found out that he was still alive, but close to dying. He was unstable and in critical condition. He was basically hanging on by a thread. It is a miracle today that he is with us. He is here because God answered our prayers, and I thank everyone that sent prayers his way and for my family. I have always heard of miracles, but I have never been so close to actually witness one in all of my life until now. Words cannot describe my thoughts and emotions. I am just very thankful that God placed this little cousin of mine in my life and gave him a second chance.

2 comments:

Jens Craft Corner said...

Your story has brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad your cousin is doing well and was able to go home on his birthday. What a Blessing! My thoughts and prayers are with him. What a wonderful story with a happy ending.

Sabrina said...

Thank you so much Jen