Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Horsin' Around

     May 20, 2012 I woke up this morning feeling a little better. I still didn't sleep very well though last night considering I was waking up every two hours, but at least my stomach is feeling a little better. However, my Zia Giovanna woke up feeling dizzy, so this morning I got to give her another IM injection. I never thought I would be getting all this experience while on vacation. Later in the morning Claudia came to Zia Giovanna's and after lunch her, mom, Zia, and I left to go get Silvia from a first communion that she was at. Before picking her up we had to make a quick stop to Zia Pupa's to pick up mom's bowling glove because we are all going out bowling tonight and she wanted to go in style. I'm surprised she didn't pack her ball and her shoes to bring here with her.
     On the way there we saw a jockey horseback riding down the busy rode. I completely joking said, "He's pretty cute maybe he will take me around for a ride on the horse." My cousin Claudia asks, "should I turn the car around?" My mom immediatley says, "No!" and I then say, "Yes!" totally joking and not thinking that she would actually turn the car around. Well she did, and she followed them and honked the horn to get their attention. She waved her arm out the window saying, "excuse me, but can I ask a question?" Then she played the whole "my American cousin" (because for some reason they really like American's here and think we are great) want's to go horseback riding..blah blah blah. Then she asks if I can take a picture. I am assuming next to the jockey and the horse.
 Nope! he dismounts and then lets me get on the horse for a picture. In America I would probably have been embarassed, but since I will probably never see this guy again I thought it was pretty funny. When we were all done and before I got in the car I asked him to take a picture with me. Might as well since I got a picture with his horse I should take a picture with him too.
     What's even funnier is that first the stirrups were so high I had trouble getting up. Second the saddle was different and it didn't have the knob by the neck of the horse that I normally use to help pull myself up, so the poor kid had to help me up by grabbing my other leg and pushing me up. A gentleman he was for not trying to push me up by my rear since it was directly in his face, and thanks to my cousin Claudia she captured a picture of the awkwardness...my rear in his face!
 I do have to say though that he himself had to use the tire on my cousins car to hoist himself back up, so it wasn't just me that had trouble.
     Tonight we all went bowling. My mom has wanted to go since we got here and she even brought her bowling glove with her in case we went. The bowling alley was actually at one of the mall's here where they have an arcade, roller rink that at first looked like an ice skating rink until you see that the kids have wheels, and also a movie theater. Tonight was the first time my Zia Giovanna has ever bowled. She maintained a score of 7 throughout the entire game, and then finally decided to let Silvia throw the ball for her to help her get some points. At one point we told her to try a smaller ball and when Zia Giovanna went to through the ball down the lane the ball went up in the air with her arm because her fingers were stuck in the holes. It was a lot of fun. Alfredo was actually the first person to get a strike and then I was the second. My mom was determined to beat me, and she did but ONLY by 8 pins.

No comments: