Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sick And Home Sick

     May 19, 2012 This morning I woke up not feeling well and with a lot of allergy symptoms. Hopefully it won't last too long because I do not want to be sick while I am here. Today we are getting ready to go stay a few days at my Zia Giovanna's house which is just on the other side of town, but farther away from my cousin Veruska...I don't know what I am going to do with out her. haha (that is the joke here because we are practically inseperable). After Zia Giovanna and Zio Gaetano came to pick us up we ran some errands in town before we headed to their house. On the way there we saw a car speeding with its hazzard lights and constantly honking the horn. I found out that here when they do that it means that they are taking someone to the emergency room. Instead of waiting for the ambulance because they take longer to arrive than ours in America people transport their family and friends themselves to the hospital for treatment.
     Today I have not been feeling well at all. I am dealing with allergies. On top of that my stomach has been upset and I have been anxious all day. I didn't think I would get home sick because I am here with my mom. I could see if I came here to visit family by myself I might get home sick, but today is actually the first day that it has hit me. A couple of times I just wanted to go lay down and cry because I feel miserable and would rather have my own bed when I am not feeling well, but don't get me wrong I am loving the time here with my family that I don't get to see as often too. I am definitely missing my dad even though we are each others pain in the rear (I love you dad), my dog, and my friends.
     Some friends of my mom whom she went to high school with called this morning and asked if her and I wanted to go out with them tonight for pizza and social dancing. Not sure exactly what that is, but I told my mom if I felt better I would go with them. Well the day progressed and I still felt a little crummy, but decided to go out with them anyways because I did not want to stay home on a Saturday night. They picked us up at my Zia Giovanna's house and the first stop was at a church for a little mass that was about 30minutes long. After mass was over we went to the mall for a little bit, and then we headed over to the pizzeria. There was a room near our table where the dancing was. THEY LINE DANCE IN ITALY! I couldn't believe it. It is a little different than ours because they line dance rumba, salsa, merengue, and some others. They did do one country line dance that I know that was the same one we do at home, but I only saw a little of it because I was on a long distance phone call with a friend back at home.

No comments: