Thursday, May 3, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect

     April 29,2012 My cousin Roberto who is a medic here was going to give my aunt a pain shot, and when I was asking what medicine it was he let me give it to her instead. I told my aunt I need to practice on someone, but what was even funnier was that my aunt told my cousin that he always hurts her when he gives her the shot, but with me I did good and she did not feel anything.
     For lunch we went to my cousins mother-in-laws house. I went to use the restroom and there was no key to lock the door. I wasn't too concerned because usually people knock before they enter...well this 14 year old boy didn't and walked in on my pulling up my pants. I screamed so loud that he jumped and stood there shocked for a second before he turned around and said excuse me and walked out. For once I wasn't embarassed...I think he was embrarassed more. I was laughing so hard I was almost to tears. If only I could have caught his reaction on video...it was priceless.
     I was excited because my cousin Fabio was going to send his son Claudio with us back to the USA for 3 weeks if he could get his mom to agree and say yes. The parents are divorced and they don't talk, so Claudio had to ask his mom himself. Unfortunately she said no, but my cousin Fabio said when he gets older he will be sending him.
     April 30,2012 Veruska and I went to buy tickets for the last soccer game of Catanzaro. My cousins and I are going to be sitting in La Curva (the black hole of soccer). Instead of going to the ticket place we had to go to a soccer store to buy the tickets. When we got to the counter to pay he didn't have any tickets, so the guy was writing down everyones names on a piece of paper and then we have to pick up the tickets later this week. I don't really like the fact that I paid for something and didn't get anything back, but things are done differently here in a lot of ways.

No comments: