Monday, May 21, 2012

Soverato

     May 18, 2012 Well Veruska was late as usual, even with us telling her we were leaving at 8:30am instead of 9am. When we finally left we were headed to Soverato...the place I would probably buy a vacation home if I ever had enough money. Gorgeous city on the ocean! Soverato had a mercatino today and I remember from six years ago that it was a very nice one. It actually ended up being larger than any of the ones we've been too plus they also have a lot of nice things. On the way there I saw the factory where they make my favorite coffee Guglielmo, and the scent of coffee driving by was awesome...to bad they don't have tours in the factories here like we do in America because it would be pretty cool to see how they make the coffee here.
     After we were all done shopping we stopped by my cousin Sonia's house for lunch. Her daughter is very shy, but this time she finally let me hold her. Veruska and I had to take Sonia to class because a friend called her and told her that today was a day she couldn't miss even after the instructor told her it was ok.
                                                 When we got back to the house everyone was napping. After they woke up we headed back home, but stopped off first at the Carpisa here in Soverato to look for a certain wallet I want to get, but can't seem to find anywhere. Then we stopped to see my cousin Antonio and his family to see how Gaga was doing. On the way to Antonio's house Veruska and I wanted to play with my mom and scare her a little. Veruska and I were in the front see and her mom, my Zia Rita and my mom were in the back seat. I told my mom look, look!! Look how pretty the ocean is!!! When she stopped talking and looked out the window at the ocean my cousin Veruska jerked the car toward the ocean and scared my mom. Veruska said I should have seen my mom's face in the mirror. Either way it was still funny. Later tonight we were suppose to have dinner at Massi's resteraunt because on Friday nights they have people that dance, but he forgot to tell the guy that does reservation that we were going, so there ended up being no room for us to sit. Since there was the change in plans I decided to stay home tonight and organize everything I bought, something that needed to be done.

No comments: