Tuesday, May 15, 2012

He Started It and I Finished It!

     May 11, 2012 Zio Gaetanno took mom and I to the bank today to go get money out of the ATM machine. It is definitely different getting money out of the machine here than at home. When we get money out of the ATM machine we know we are going to get our money unless the machine is out of service. Here it is hit or miss with the line that communicates with the United States, and we have had to try a couple different banks. Here we hope the money will come out, and not only that we have to be careful as to how many times we attempt to get money if the machine is not working because if we do it one to many times the machine will take our card and then we will really be screwed. Before we left my uncle wanted a cafè, so we stopped at a coffee bar. He know's that I like the Gugliemo coffee, so he had asked the person working at the bar if they had esresso cups they could give me to take home to America. I just bought some the other day, and now I am getting them for free...if I only would have known. He took me to three different coffee bars. At one I got two cappucino cups. At the second I ended up getting a brand new set that comes with 6 cups and 6 plates, and at the last bar I got two Gugliemo espresso cups and plates that say Gugliemo. Before we leave he is going to try and see if he can get me a brand new set of Gugliemo cups to take home.
     After our trip to the different cafè bars Zio Gaetanno took me to Veruska's for lunch because she was planning to do my nails for me today. One of our cousins was suppose to be her next client, but she got held up at work so Veruska started working on me instead. By the time my mom and Enzo (my cousin Claudia's husband) came to pick me up to take me to their house for dinner we were still not done and we had to rush to get the polish and gel to dry. We were finally out the door and on our way to Claudia's. Enzo dropped Alfredo, me, Silvia, and my mom off at the new mall that was by their house. I was looking forward to seeing it since it had just opened the week before. We walk in and not even 5 minutes in the place I was already done. There were only 5 stores open. They still have more building to do and more stores to add to the mall. My mom an I told Enzo when he came back to get us that we were done before he even left the parking lot.
     Back at their house it was time for dinner. Claudia had made pizza which was really good and the Italian pizza is definitely different than our American pizza at home. Usually for dessert here they serve strawberries with whip creme. My cousin wanted to make mine, but I did not trust him because he had the whip creme can. I  knew what he was planning to do. Pretending to spray the whip creme in my mouth and then instead sprayed it all over my face, so I just let him do it and then it was on from there. After this war he decided to start another war by trying to tickle me. Luckily for me his sister loves me and took my side. She helped me get him back. All in all I would have to say I ended up winning both matches.

No comments: