Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Day of Horsin' Around

     May 25, 2012 This morning Claudia picked my mom and I up to take us to the mall in La Mezia which is about twenty minutes away, so that we could continue to look for a gift for my cousin Francesco. We walked around the entire mall, and all three of us shopped and bought something for ourselves before we even found a gift for my cousin. Finally on the way out we found a bracelet that we all agreed on, and ended up buying it. After shopping instead of heading back home to Zia Pupa's we went to Zia Giovanna's for lunch. After we ate Claudia called Angelo; the kid she flagged down in the middle of the road a couple days ago with the horse. When she called him she told him who she was and said "My American cousin" he immediately knew who was calling. She asked how much it would cost for us to go horseback riding, but he said that he would let me go for a ride. I told Claudia I am going to start using this "American girl" thing to my advantage and she started laughing.


                                                    When we got there we met him at a resteraunt that he works at, and I am pretty sure his family owns. His house was next to the resteraunt, and the stalls were down the hill. One of the horses just had a baby 3 days prior and I was able to go into the stall and take a picture with the little baby. He let me ride one of the horses for about thirty minutes to an hour and took me out on the country roads. It was so much fun and a completely different experience. The saddles that they have here are different than the ones we have in the states. I found out that the saddles we have are found in the West, and something they do not have here. The entire reason this topic was brought up was because I was explaining that our saddles have (I don't know what it is called) a knot near the horses neck that I usually use to help myself up, and these ones do not have anything like that. It was definitely a lot of fun, and I am very grateful that he let us ride for free. Hopefully before we leave we will get to go watch him jump the horses.
     After our adventure I had to go home and change, so that we could go have dinner at Massi's resteraunt. We have been trying to go on a Friday night since we got here because people start dancing after they eat, but of course the Friday we finally get to go no one showed up. After dinner I got some things together and went to stay the night at Claudia's house. Silvia and I were minding our own business talking when Alfredo walked in and smaked me upside the head with a pillow. That began the pillow fight and tickle war that he lost becaues of course Silvia is going to take my side everytime. When Claudia see's Alfredo loosing she will jump in and help him attack me. It was a fun day/night, but unfortunately for them the kids had to get up early to go to school, but I got to sleep in. I am really not going to like my alarm waking me up when I get back home and have to start working again.

No comments: